Mercedes Offline Programming With DAS
ID: MERC_SV_007 Category: Service Mercedes Benz
When to do SCN coding:
1) Check engine light on
2) Transmission gets stuck in 1 gear. If you have trouble with transmission, there is a good chance that the problem is with you ME control unit and that SCN coding is needed to resolve the issue.
3) Turn the engine and it on again
SCN CODING types:
Online SCN coding-MB STAR diagnosis software before 2023,
and the latest version 2023.03
Offline SCN coding-MB STAR diagnosis software before 2023,
and version 2023.03
– only SD C4 mux supports
(please open online/offline scn coding function first)
How to perform online/ offline SCN coding?
– How to process this online coding service?
1.Place an order on the online coding service.
2.Contact our online customer service to process this online coding.
3.Prepare MB STAR C3 / SDConnect C4, car, laptop and teamviewer.
4. Select the car model and programming system (eg, headlight XALWA-L)
5.Select CONTROL unit adaptations
6.Choose offline program (CONTROL MODULE PROGRAMMING) then (SCN coding)
7.Provide us your teamviewer User ID and password.
8.Login server (DALMLER)
9.Login server and finish SCN coding automatically
– How to get the offline SCN coding?
Note: The offline SCN coding software is mainly used for Mercedes-Benz vehicles pre-2009.
Preparation: activation ID
1. After you install the software, you will see below program, send us the correct ID on the upper left corner (marked red circle). Do not send the ID in windows box.
2. Open upper left corner icon, you will see the correct ID:
3. Copy the ID and send it to us. We will resend you a license.
Extract the license and run it directly. Then the software will be ready for use.
A) Determine vehicle data for offline SCN coding from the vehicle.
1. Select control unit in DAS.
2. Select menu item “control unit adaptations” or “initial startup”. Continue with “F3”.
3. Select menu item “SCN coding”. Continue with “F3”.
4. Select “Offline (STAR DIAGNOSIS device not-networked)” menu item. Continue with “F3”.
5. Confirm note on sequence of SCN coding with “F2”
6. Completely fill out fax form and click “F11” to print out.
NOTE:If an email address is entered in the fax form, you will be sent the SCN coding data per email. If a fax number is entered in the fax form, you will be sent the SCN coding data per fax.
7. Send printed out fax form to the given fax no. for the Star Diagnosis Help Desk.
B) Perform SCN coding. The coding is performed with the SCN coding data from the Star Diagnosis Help Desk.
NOTE: If the SCN coding data are received per email, burn the data to a CD or save the data on a USB removable storage device and identify accordingly. Unpack the Zip files first when doing so.
8. In the DAS, choose the “Step 2: Perform SCN coding” menu item. Continue with “F3”.
9.1 Select keyboard input using “F4”.
For SCN coding data per fax.
9.2 Insert CD or connect USB removable storage device.
10. For SCN coding data per email.
10.1. Enter SCN coding data manually into the DAS.
For SCN coding data per fax.
10.2. Confirm using “F3” and import the data per CD or USB removable storage device.
For SCN coding data per email.
11. Perform SCN coding.
12. Switch ignition on/off.
Control unit specific, refer to specification in DAS.